lundi 24 octobre 2011

Q&A: How to tell my Droid phone & iPad my new google password?

Question by Angela: How to tell my Droid telephone & iPad my new google password?
My android & iPad had been set up by my husband, but (long story- I've got a legal restraining order against him right now, so he can't fix my phone & iPad correct now, so I'm asking here)

Because I changed my gmail password from a personal computer at the public library, my Android & iPad can't access my e-mail anymore unless I open gmail in a browser and log in manually.

But at present I'm not receiving instant email updates, etc, and there is a large error exclamation point on my Android to inform me that my google account cannot be accessed.

Support please. How to tell my Droid & iPad my new google password.


Very best answer:

Answer by DMC
Hi Angela:

Disregard the IMAP step if it is not there. I have very little expertise with Android phones, so theres not considerably I can aid you there. I got those instructions from Google's site (source link).

On the iPad: Go to the Settings app and tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". Then tap your Gmail account below Accounts. Tap Account again in the Gmail menu, and then enter your new password.

On the Android telephone: follow these actions:

1.Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
two.On your phone, press < Home>, then open the Email application.
three.On the 'Your accounts' page, select Subsequent to get began with setup.
four.Enter your full Gmail address and password, then select Next.
5.On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and pick the name to display on your outgoing messages. Tap Completed.

Hope this assists



Know much better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: Q&A: How to tell my Droid phone & iPad my new google password?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire