mercredi 28 septembre 2011

IPad2, Galaxy 10.1 Tab, or Nook Color?

Question by zyllee: IPad2, Galaxy 10.1 Tab, or Nook Color?
Ok, here is my dilemma. I originally wanted a Nook Color simply because I enjoy reading. At present I have the Nook app installed on my Droid X and I use it for reading, but the screen is pretty small for that purpose.

I decided that as soon as I could swing it, I would get a Nook Color. I like the capability to see color on the screen and do a fair quantity of reading before bed when my hubby has turned off the light. I HATE having to clip a light to a book in order to read right after dark. It is always sliding around or getting in the way. The back light works to assist with this. Yes, I know the black and white versions are nicer on your eyes and don't have glare in the sun, but I nearly never read outdoors and like I stated I do not like book lights. And once more I like the Color function really a bit as nicely.

Anyway, when I figured out the cost of a Nook Color and saw that it wasn't that far from the price of a iPad2 or Galaxy 10.1 Tab, I began to waver in my resolve as to what I ought to get. A tablet can do a lot far more than serve as a book reader. Yes, you can use apps on the Nookcolor, but it seems to be a significantly limited set of the overall android apps.

So my here are my questions:

1) How does the IPad2 or Galaxy10.1 tab fair as a book reader? Does it really feel bulky or heavy or awkward for reading purposes (particularly if you are laying on your back holding up the reader in front of your face)?

two) Does anyone have an IPad2 or Galaxy10.1 and also a Nook Color? If so, which do you end up employing a lot more?

three) Has any person tried the Galaxy 10.1 Tab and did it carry out as well as an IPad2 (ease of use, availability of apps and so on)

four) which would you get and why?

Thanks!!!!


Greatest answer:

Answer by Jim
Hi.

Okay given that you have a Nook Color installed to your Droid X I recommend you get the Samsung because the Apple iPad2 is not compatible.

1) iPad2 vs Samsung for book reading.
The iPad has a 9.7" display. The Samsung has 10.7" display.
Now given that the Samsung is 1" bigger you will have much better outcomes for reading and will be much less tiring.

It's size is 256.7x175.3x8.6mm. So it isn't bulky or heavy and as I mention above the large display will be excellent for reading plus it is enought bright to read at night.

two) I had utilized my friends iPad2 for 2 weeks to compere it with my Samsung. Outcomes...I finish up making use of my Samsung(the Android OS has support for AdobeFlash) since the iPad2 does not has a flash support not even from the Apple shop. Meaning you cannot watch the majority of the videos on the internet especialy YouTube. So it does not worth to pay for the iPad and won't be able to watch vids and pics that demand AdobeFlash.

3) I have the Samsung and I can say go for it. It is very to use, the Android market has 200.000 apps as Apple, each have dual multy tasking core CPUs@1GHz so both have the exact same CPU energy.
The only draw back of the Samsung is that it hasn't a second camera in the front so you cannot do video calls but it has 64MB internal storage plus an other 64MB with an SD card meaning you have 128MB to shop music,vids,pics and books.

four) I bought the Samsung because it has AdobeFlash so I could watch Flash contend on-line, for the 128MB storage, the big display, the Android industry now has the exact same number in apps as Apple so I did not get anything less than the Apple shop. The Android OS is compatible with a lot of apps relating to reading.

Overal the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 is better than the Apple iPad given that it supply much more and is £220-£280 more affordable than the Apple depending the retailer.



Give your answer to this question below!

Orignal From: IPad2, Galaxy 10.1 Tab, or Nook Color?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire