mercredi 1 février 2012

iPad 2 or iPod 4? What should I get for School use?

Question by kaleb112494: iPad two or iPod 4? What must I get for School use?
I know I've asked this a thousand occasions ahead of, and I know it is probably annoying by now, but I want to make certain I am making the proper selection. I am excited for the new iOS five to come out for public use, instead of just developers. Nonetheless, I only have an iPod Touch 2nd Generation 16GB. I adore it, but it's a little out-dated, and I require much more memory. Do not get me wrong, I love it, just looking to get something to have iOS 5 on, be up-to-date with Apple and their mindful schemes. I've been wanting an iPad two for quite some time, practically craving (for lack of a better word) the big screen and lightweight tablet. But just recently, I've been worrying about compatibility concerns between the iPod apps I've already purchased with the iOS of the iPad. Would they work fine? Would they run alright, just with a smaller screen? And if I necessary to, could I get the iPad version of the app (if there is 1) for cost-free? I'm not jailbreaking the iPad till a more stable version of the OS comes out, due to the fact honestly, 2., three., and four. haven't been the best of iOS releases, so I want to wait till I'm satisfied with iOS five or until Apple stops generating updates for the iPad 2. The purpose why I mention this is due to the fact I know an individual is/was going to say "Jailbreak it, add the cydia.hackulo.us Repository, and install Installous. Also, I am not going to jailbreak till everything in the Jailbreak community can effortlessly be ported to iOS 5, instead of jailbreaking only to have compatibility troubles.

As mentioned above, I adore my iPod. It really is little enough to fit in my pocket, however potent adequate to do what I need to have it to do, like keep track of my homework assignments for me, or grab my emails when I'm at house or operate. Also, all the apps I have bought for my iPod 2nd Gen will function with a 4th Gen, so no compatibility problems with apps. As for jailbreaking, I am nonetheless going to wait, since there can nevertheless be compatibility troubles with add-ons, apps, themes, and especially tweaks. The only key problem with an additional iPod is it's another iPod. Following one year of getting my iPod Touch, I told myself I was by no means going to get an additional iPod, that I was going to get an iPod Classic or Nano. That was until the iPhone came to Verizon and the iPad was released.

I really feel like an iPad would be an incredible device for me, but the only problem I truly have with it is it is portability. I cannot carry a single of these items in my backpack, it'll get crushed under insanely heavy textbooks, a three" binder stuffed complete of papers, and a couple other items that I need to have for school. I can get a can and a protection strategy from operate, but I'm not positive I want to have to be concerned about all of that. The only real distinction that I see amongst the iPad and the iPod is that in iOS five, the iPad has a split keyboard. I was truly looking forward to employing it. I don't know why, but I believed that was fairly cool. An additional factor is the multitasking gestures. I want to physically touch and use my OS, not click a button, open one more app, then double click the property button to open the app switcher. That is boring and unoriginal.

The features of iOS five I would use most would be Reminders, iMessage, the camera, Wi-Fi sync, and good ole' e mail. I have a question about the cameras, though. On the web site, it only says the Lockscreen Camera button functions on the iPhone, or at least, that is what I interpreted:

Capture the moment at a moment's notice.
Considering that your iPhone is constantly with you, it is often the very best way to capture those unexpected moments. That's why you'll love the new camera attributes in iOS 5. You can open the Camera app correct from the Lock screen. Use grid lines, pinch-to-zoom gestures, and single-tap concentrate and exposure locks to compose a image on the fly. Then press the volume-up button to snap your photo in the nick of time.

Does this feature also work on the iPod Touch? If it does not, no huge deal, I just believed it may possibly be good to have.

As an add-on to all this details (sorry, I just want the finest), I'm only taking into consideration the iPod Touch because a) it really is a lot more affordable, and b) my apps will perform with it better than they will with the iPad. For $ 300 less, I get less difficult compatibility with my bought apps, but I get a smaller screen and no multitasking gestures.

Let me know your believed and feel cost-free to comment. Just please, don't recommend anything not mentioned above, such as an Android tablet. I know they are excellent, and I like them a lot, I just favor Apple. I would contemplate an iPhone, but I don't want to pay at least $ 30/month for minimal information from Verizon. Also, no matter whether I get an iPad or iPod, I am going to get a 32GB model, so please also think about that in your comments. Once more, thanks for your input, and I hope I can make the correct selection. Thanks! :)
It looks like I'm acquiring an iPad lol. I would get an additional iPod because the one I have does not have any of the promised functions of iOS 4 except Game Center, Mail, and Folders. It does not have a camera, multitasking, homescreen wallpaper, or something else. And I currently have 3 laptops, thank you lol. Thanks for all of your input!


Finest answer:

Answer by Birendra Ram
iPad2 is much better.



What do you feel? Answer below!

Orignal From: iPad 2 or iPod 4? What should I get for School use?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire